Tools and Tips - An Overview of What A MFC City Receives
PHIT America has many tools, contacts, clinicians and relationships to leverage to maximize the results and experiences in your Mayors Fitness Challenge. Below is a quick overview of various tools for cities to implement a successful Mayors Fitness Challenge. We also list some of the tips & best practices you will see once a city has registered. Once a Mayors Fitness Challenge application is filled out, you will have full access all of these items, products or contacts. Learn how to apply as a Mayors Fitness Challenge City here.
We have organized these tools by category:
Setup & Implementation
- Step by Step Plan & Timetable to Implement - We worked with Mayor Adam Barringer to outline the steps needed to implement a successful Mayors Fitness Challenge. If you follow these steps, you will have a great program.
- Website Template - You need to create a website but what is the content? Once you have applied, you will see the key information you will need to incorporate on your Mayors Fitness Challenge city website.
Online Registration Tool from the ACTIVE Network - Active's online registration and event management service streamlines the management of your Challenge. Custom pre-designed templates help you with:
• online registrations
• financial transactions
• participant communications
• data management and more
It is an easy setup process and best of all it is FREE to Mayors Fitness Challenge city organizers (small fees are charged only to participants during the online registration financial transaction). Once you register as a Mayors Fitness Challenge city, you will be connected directly to Active.com to get you started.
Personal Wellness Account for Participants by Total Health Interactive - Imagine every participant in your city having a personal online wellness tracking account including results for participants, others in a city, other city results, etc. We even send weekly emails with fitness and healthy eating tips to every participants including videos. Costs vary depending on the size of your participant base.
- Local Sponsors - Looking for a local sponsors? You will see a list of the types of companies who should be approached to support your Mayors Fitness Challenge financially or with products or services. And, we have a Sponsor Recruitment Form which you can customize for your city program.
- Join our PR Campaign - Got great results or stories of interest, email us to help spread the news
- Use Our Logos - Download our logos and use them on your materials, website, etc.
- Webinars on Implementation Approaches - At least twice a year we will hold a webinar for Mayors Fitness Challenge registered cities with tips and approaches to run an effective "Challenge"
Clinicians, Programs & Speakers
Cardio Tennis Clinicians from the Tennis Industry Association (TIA) - This nationwide fitness program is a great way to get your residents active, fit and healthy. The TIA will help organize Clinicians to assist your Challenge.
Wellness and Fitness Speakers from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - Need a speaker to talk about fitness and health to your participants? ACSM will try to find you one among their 45,000 Members at no cost to you.
- Sport & Fitness Activities Introduction - PHIT America will introduce you to sport and fitness organizations that will bring exciting activities to your Mayors Fitness Challenge.
- Run or Walk Programs like No Boundries from Fleet Fleet Sports
Products & Services For Participants
- Participant Handbook template from PHIT America - We have developed a 32 page Participant Handbook template filled with information your participants will want. You just need personalize it and print locally.
- Personal Wellness Account for Participants by Total Health Interactive - Imagine every participant in your city having a personal online wellness tracking account including results for participants, others in a city, other city results, etc. We even send weekly emails with fitness and healthy eating tips to every participants including videos. Costs vary depending on the size of your participant base.
- Fitness Tips for Participants by the America Council on Exercise (ACE) - Emailed to all participants weekly, these free ACE Fitness For Life Tips will keep participants focused to create behavior change.
- Discount Prices On Sports & Fitness Products
- Pedometers - Give your participants a pedometer! ACCUSPLIT is offering Mayors Fitness Challenge cities a discounted price on their pedometers.
- T-Shirts - A4, a leading supplier of quality sportswear & T-shirts, is offering great customized product at competitive pricing
- PHIT America News Flashes & Articles - Every city will be sent year round informational PHIT America News Flashes and Articles 2-3 times a month for you to publish covering many topics. There are FREE for participating cities.
Revenues & Expenses - Mayors Fitness Challenge
As Mayor Barringer has indicated, the Mayors Fitness Challenge should result in increased revenues for the city. Revenues from a MFC are designed to offset all expenses, with additional revenues for generated youth athletics, afterschool programs or scholarships. The MFC is an ideal private/public partnership to help the city offset increasing recreational expenses.
Here area a breakdown of % of Revenues and Expenses for New Smyrna Beach. Download here.
We also have a list of all potential revenue and expense categories a MFC. Download here.
Please note, actual revenues or expenses will vary by city size and promotional campaign support.
Implementation Tips & Best Practices
We have a full page of Tips & Best Practices to implement a successful Mayors Fitness Challenge. On top of this, we have facts and approaches from two of our initial cities, New Smyrna Beach and Ormond Beach, and why their events were a success. You can learn from our experiences.
Once you become a authorized Mayors Fitness Challenge location, you will have access to details for all of these products, tips, and services. Apply to become a PHIT America Mayors Fitness Challenge City here.
Do you have questions about the Mayors Fitness Challenge? Email us at INFO@PHITAmerica.org.
Mayors Fitness Challenge Fun Fitness Group Activities
Mayors Fitness Challenge Is Brought To You By These PHIT America Founding Sponsors
See All Our Sponsors Here