PHIT America is proud of what we are doing for Americans, especially children, to improve their fitness and health by overcoming the ‘Inactivity Pandemic’. We are accomplishing some amazing things, especially with children. We are getting more and more Americans to be active, fit & healthy through our four strategic priorities:
Schools are where the 'Inactivity Pandemic' was born over 20 years ago. Physical education has been taken out of many schools and the average school budget for PE today is only $764 per year for an entire school. This trend greatly reduces the number of kids who play tennis. Kids who have PE in school are 3-4 times more likely to play tennis than kids who don't have PE. This is one of the major reasons we are supporting & rebuilding PE programs throughout America.
Education is a must as well. We are using all potential resources to educate Americans, especially parents, and give them ideas on how to create a more active lifestyle for their family. Our 30-minute documentary, News Articles and more are educating Americans. You can learn about all our key strategies in detail HERE.
For the tennis industry, one of the most powerful things we are doing is passing the PHIT Act. Learn more about this ground breaking legislation below...
The PHIT Act will be great for Americans and outstanding for tennis pros, facilities and the industry. When passed, it will allow Americans to use their own pre-tax medical accounts for physical activity expenses and not just normal 'sick-care' expenses.
More specifically, tennis players will be able to use their HSA or FSA accounts to get active, fit & healthy for:
Think about all the ways you can influence someone to get active & fit and increase your business when the PHIT Act is passed. We need your help to pass the PHIT Act and there are simple ways for you to do this below.
1. Help pass the PHIT Act - For you, your staff and contacts, have them go to PassThePHITAct.org to contact their members of Congress to pass the PHIT Act NOW! It is a simple 1, 2, 3 digital process.
2. Run PHIT America Charity Events - PHIT America is a 501c3 corporation. Support us and we will work to get America and your industry healthier. Run a PHIT KIDS Charity Event. It is easy. More information HERE. You can also run a fundraiser as well. Contact Gretchen at the Tennis Industry Association to learn more.
3. Do you use Amazon? Just use Smile.Amazon.com instead - Amazon will donate 1/2 of 1% of all your purchases to PHIT America. Yes, they will donate to PHIT America and it won't cost you one single penny extra. Just designate PHIT America as your charity and use Smile.Amazon.com when you shop. Learn more how to do this HERE.
4. Become a PHIT America Sponsor or Ambassador - If you run a business and want to be an official sponsor, it is easy. Learn more HERE. Are you a 'local influencer'? Then become a PHIT America Ambassador. There is no financial obligation and you get all the benefits. Plus, you are listed on our website. Learn more HERE.
5. Ask your customers to support PHIT America - When your customers sign up for a program or you sell a product, ask them to donate to PHIT America. Active people will support a charity which is getting children more active, fit & healthy. Contact Jim Baugh for more information on this program.
6. Make a simple donation - For just $50, we will get a child 'off the couch' and active in our school-based programs. You can donate any amount HERE.
7. Adopt a local school - Help promote physical activity and physical education in a school near you. Volunteer to occasionally teach a physical education class about tennis. Then, start up a family (child /parent) tennis class at your facility.
8. Use all our tools - Many people or companies don't use all the resources we provide. Just go to Tools.PHITAmerica.org and you will see website banners, logos, press release templates, etc.
Please note that at least 80% of donations or funds raised above will be used to expand our PHIT America GO! Grants programs. We are dedicated to reaching our goal of getting 1 million children 'off the couch' and active by 2020.