PHIT America is proud of what we are doing for Americans, especially children, to improve their fitness and health by overcoming the ‘Inactivity Pandemic’. We are accomplishing some amazing things, especially with children. We are getting more and more Americans to be active, fit & healthy through our four strategic priorities:
Schools are where the 'Inactivity Pandemic' was born over 20 years ago. Physical education has been taken out of many schools and the average school budget for PE today is only $764 per year for an entire school. This trend greatly reduces the number of kids who are active and participate in sport or fitness activities. Kids who have PE in school are 2-3 times more likely to be active than kids who don't have PE. This is one of the major reasons we are supporting & rebuilding PE programs throughout America. PE creates active & healthy kids.
Education is a must as well. We are using all potential resources to educate Americans, especially parents, and give them ideas on how to create a more active lifestyle for their family. Our 30-minute documentary, News Articles and more are educating Americans. You can learn about all our key strategies in detail HERE.
For the physical education community, we support you in a special way, our PHIT America GO! Grants. Learn more below about this program. We and others we are supporting you and active lifestyles, which are listed below, as well.
GO! Grants were distributed to over 150 schools in 2015 impacting over 50,000 children. Working with our partner, KIDS in the GAME, PHIT America realizes schools need support and selectively distribute grants up to $5,000 per year to needy schools.
PHIT America GO! Grants are for physical education, or other pre or post the school day programs which get all children in the school active. We also support Brain Breaks in schools as well.
As we expand our partnerships and sponsors, our goal is to support 1,000's of schools to get at least 1 million children 'off the couch' and active by 2020. Learn more about GO! Grants here.
PHIT America is looking to pass the The PHIT Act, an exciting new piece of legislation which will get children and adults more active, fit and healthy. When passed, it will allow Americans to use their own pre-tax medical accounts for physical activity expenses and not just normal 'sick-care' expenses.
More specifically, sport & fitness participants will be able to use their HSA or FSA accounts to get active, fit & healthy for:
Think about all the ways you can influence someone to get active & fit and increase your business when the PHIT Act is passed. We need your help to pass the PHIT Act and there are simple ways for you to do this below.
1. Help pass the PHIT Act - For you, your staff and contacts, have them go to PassThePHITAct.org to contact their members of Congress to pass the PHIT Act NOW! It is a simple 1, 2, 3 digital process.
2. Run PHIT America Charity Events - PHIT America is a 501c3 corporation. Support us and we will work to get America and your industry healthier. Run a PHIT KIDS Charity Event. It is easy. More information HERE. You can also run a fundraiser as well. And yes, proceeds will help expand our GO! Grants programs. Contact Mike May at PHIT America to learn more.
3. Do you use Amazon? Just use Smile.Amazon.com instead - Amazon will donate 1/2 of 1% of all your purchases to PHIT America. Yes, they will donate to PHIT America and it won't cost you one single penny extra. Just designate PHIT America as your charity and use Smile.Amazon.com when you shop. Proceeds will help us expand our GO! Grants programs. Learn more how to do this HERE.
4. Become a PHIT America Sponsor or Ambassador - If you are a PE teacher, it is easy. Learn more HERE. Are you a 'local influencer'? Then become a PHIT America Ambassador. There is no financial obligation and you get all the benefits. Plus, you are listed on our website. Learn more HERE.
5. Ask parents and companies you do business with to support PHIT America - If you have a retail establishment, when you sell a product or service, ask them to donate to PHIT America. Active people will support a charity which is getting children more active, fit & healthy. Contact Jim Baugh for more information on this program.
6. Make a simple donation - For just $50, we will get a child 'off the couch' and active in our school-based programs. You can donate any amount HERE.
7. Adopt a local school - Help promote physical activity and physical education in a school near you. Volunteer to occasionally teach a physical education class. We encourage everyone who is part of our 'Movement' to adopt a local school and PE program.
8. Use all our tools - Many people or companies don't use all the resources we provide. Just go to Tools.PHITAmerica.org and you will see website banners, logos, press release templates, etc.
Please note that at least 80% of donations or funds raised above will be used to expand our PHIT America GO! Grants programs. We are dedicated to reaching our goal of getting 1 million children 'off the couch' and active by 2020.